The orange smoothie with pumpkin, grapefruit and mango is a rich and sweet drink that will make you lose weight and feel satisfied during the day. This orange shake contains highamounts of vitamin C, thanks to mango and orange, and fiber and beta-carotene, thanks to pumpkin and grapefruit.
Benefits of grapefruit
Half of a grapefruit contains 64% of the recommended daily amount (CDR) of vitamin C, as well as small amounts of protein, vitamin A, manganese, thiamin, folic acid and magnesium.
In this orange smoothie, the grapefruit provides moisture to the other ingredients and makes the liquefying process easier.
Benefits of mango
Mangoes help weight loss because they contain phytochemicals that prevent fat cells from expanding their walls, which prevents weight gain . They also contain malic acid and tartaric acid. These two elements keep the body alkaline and reduce the risk of gaining weight caused by insulin resistance.
The fibrous flesh of the fruit acts as a natural carbohydrate blocker, which helps maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Its natural probiotics promote a healthy intestine and help reduce abdominal fat. Only one cup of mango (165 g) contains:
- 75% of the CDR of vitamin C.
- 25% of the CDR of vitamin A.
- More than 25 different carotenoids that help fast recovery after exercise.
In this orange smoothie, the mango has the thickening function that adds body to the shake and makes it creamy.
Benefits of the pumpkin
Pumpkin is higher in calories and carbohydrates than other vegetables of its kind, but it also has more dietary fiber. One cup of pumpkin (116 g) contains 115 calories and 9 grams of dietary fiber.
- Dietary fiber helps satisfy appetite and lose weight by reducing the speed with which the body absorbs sugar and glucose.
- This keeps blood sugar levels stable and discourages the body from releasing unwanted insulin that will store fat.
- In addition, the pumpkin is full of potassium. 1 cup of pumpkin contains 564 mg, which is three times more than what a medium banana contains.
- The pumpkin also has large amounts of vitamin A , alpha-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin that help keep the eyes healthy.
In this orange smoothie, the pumpkin helps improve the texture, providing a creamy consistency and a sweet touch.
Orange smoothie recipe
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)
- ½ cup of pumpkin (58 g)
- ½ cup chopped mango (82.5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (5 g)
- ½ orange in segments
- 5 nuts
- ½ cup of grapefruit juice (125 ml)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Ice (to taste)
- Cut the mango and pumpkin into pieces.
- If the pumpkin is too hard, you can boil it and then store it in the refrigerator until you use it.
- Blend all the ingredients until a creamy and homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- The nuts can be incorporated into the preparation or chopped separately and added on top to decorate the shake.
You can prepare this orange smoothie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator (up to 24 hours), or freeze it in ice cube trays for later use.
Beet juices to lose weight – very slimming
Prepare a beet juice with other ingredients, such as carrot, apple, celery, lemon or pineapple and you will see how you help your body lose weight faster. Of course, should always be accompanied by a diet low in calories.
The beetroot is a food with depurative, diuretic, digestive, satiating and energetic properties, and all of them are ideal to avoid gain of extra kilos, keep the body free of toxins and avoid the suffering of conditions such as fluid retention. The best option to lose weight with beets is preparing some natural juices and taking them throughout the day accompanied by other healthy.
Properties of slimming beets
The beet is a food full of essential nutrients for the proper functioning of the organism; It contains vitamins A, B, C, E, minerals such as magnesium, iron, potassium and calcium, folic acid, fiber and vegetable proteins. This combination of nutrients makes it an excellent food to facilitate weight loss and achieve a stable weight without adding extra kilos. Below, we detail what are all the benefits of beet to lose weight:
- Thanks to its high fiber content, it helps to purify the body and, therefore, to eliminate all the accumulated toxins in the body that can influence the weight gain, in addition to the suffering of other health problems.
- It regulates intestinal transit and improves the process of digestion, which is very important when you want to lose weight.
- It is an excellent natural diuretic, which helps eliminate accumulated fluids and prevent fluid retention, a condition that causes swelling in certain areas of the body. Its diuretic properties are due to its high content of potassium and low sodium.
- All the healthy nutrients of the beet we mentioned above are ideal to improve the metabolism of fats.
- It helps to lose weight without going hungry, and that is because its fiber content provides greater satiety than that offered by other vegetables.
- It provides extra energy to the body, which means an increase in strength and endurance, both very necessary when we need to overcome training programs to lose fat and lose weight.
In addition to all the properties of beet slimming previous, it is important to note that it is a food with few calories and low in fat , because in a serving of 100 grams only provides 43 kcal and 0.14 grams of fat. To lose weight with the beet, one of the best ways to do it is by taking some natural juices in which, in addition, you include other vegetables and fruits effective to burn fat and lose weight. Below, we show you which are the most effective and delicious.
Juice of beet, carrot and apple to lose weight
This beet juice to lose weight also includes other ingredients, such as carrots and apples, which are ideal to purify the body naturally, eliminate liquids and promote weight loss by offering much more energy in your day to day .
- Wash the beets, carrots and apples.
- Cut the three foods into small pieces with a knife.
- Add them to the blender or the blender bowl and process until you get a homogeneous and smooth juice.
You can add a few drops of lemon if you want to improve its flavor a bit.
Take 2 glasses a day, one in the morning on an empty stomach and another in the afternoon before having a snack.
This juice of beet, carrot and apple not only is good for losing weight, but it has become a very popular drink for health in general, it helps to fight anemia, control cholesterol, protect the heart, improve performance cerebral, neutralize the production of cancer cells and keep the skin beautiful and young. For all these reasons, it has been cataloged as one of the most curative natural juices that exist.
Beet and lemon juice, very detoxifying
To lose weight with beet, another of the best recipes is this juice that combines its properties with that of lemon. The result is an incredible detoxifying drink, which is essential to cleanse the liver and improve many problems such as digestive disorders, high cholesterol or excess fat accumulated in the body.
- Wash the beets and cut them into small pieces.
- Add them to the blender or the blender jar and process together with the 2 glasses of water.
Finally, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
To debug the body quickly and effectively, you can take it 3 times a day for 7 consecutive days.
Among the beet juices to lose weight , also stands out the one that incorporates a fruit such as pineapple, because it is hypocaloric, diuretic, purifying, satiating and helps burn fat more quickly.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender or the blender jar and process.
- Process until a homogeneous juice is obtained.
- Add a little water if you see that it has become too thick.
- Take 1 or 2 glasses of this juice a day, preferably, in the morning before breakfast and in the afternoon or before dinner.
Beet, celery and carrot juice
Finally, we propose a slimming beet juice combined with celery and carrot. It is a good help to rid the body of all the toxins, fats and sugars that it does not need and that can damage it in the short and long term. In addition, all are low calorie ingredients that contribute to weight loss and cleanliness of the body.
- Peel the carrot and beet.
- Wash the celery branch.
- Cut all the ingredients into small pieces and process them in the blender or with the blender.
- If you have obtained a too thick mixture, add a little water.
- Take this juice before having breakfast or before having a snack.
If, in addition, you want to know how to make the diet the beet, do not miss the menu example that we showed in the article Properties of beet to lose weight.