According to trigger rib pain, it may take more or less resolved. Although generally responds to a muscle strain, you should consult a specialist.
Pain in the ribs or chest pain is a very common ailment that we should not overlook.
Often this discomfort on one side or the puncture breathing may be due to a heart problem, hence, it is necessary to have a medical diagnosis.
However, it is important to note that the most common cause of pain in the ribs due to an overload caused by a temporary effort. However, it is something we must nurture and care.
Today in our space we explain what are usually the main causes of chest discomfort that can affect both children and adults.
Pain in the ribs: A nuisance to many sources
One aspect that we know is that the pain we feel is not due to the “ribs themselves” but to the affected joint or the muscles of the thoracic region in particular.
As we explain medical specialists, pain in the ribs is usually one of the most common in day to day in primary care visits. Most of the time, as we noted at the beginning, the cause is nothing more than a bad move, an overload.
However, we can not rule out any other condition or imbalance, hence worth knowing the most common types of diseases associated with the ribs.
If you’ve never heard of floating ribs will be interested to know that we are talking about those pairs of ribs we have in the lower part of the rib cage (which some people even removed for a more defined waist).
- Curiously of these bone structures are bonded is that only the vertebrae and not the breastbone or sternum cartilage leave.
- The problem is that the floating ribs are usually very sensitive structures and any sudden movement can cause the vertebrae to swell or move a little causing much pain.
Costochondritis is inflammation of the joint that connects the sternum to the ribs, or the area between the rib and cartilage.
- We may feel pain when you touch this area or even see a clear inflammation in bulk form.
- Breathing hurts a lot and we can hardly move.
- Costochondritis is a musculoskeletal disease that takes several months to heal. It usually affects young people between 20 and 40 years.
- The underlying causes costochondritis are multiple, and can range from psoriatic arthritis, lupus or even appear in times of great anxiety and stress.
You may also like to read another article on Samathi4Life: 6 home remedies to relieve stomach pain naturally
Pain in the ribs and heart problems
The flank pain may be caused by a blow or overload. It is undoubtedly the most common.
However, if there is a traumatic event and the pain appears overnight, without a clear origin, it may be because of any of these issues much more serious.
- Angina is a condition caused by a deficiency of oxygen in the heart, whose symptoms can start with chest pain just behind the breastbone or slightly to the left, radiating arm, shoulder, or even jaw.
- Pain in the ribs can also let us know of a heart attack.
- Infection and inflammation in the tissue around the heart (pericarditis) also include among the first symptoms a pain in the central chest.
Sometimes we can have a crack in the rib and not know to attribute it to mere fatigue.
This is because many people think that only fractured ribs following a “hit” or a bad move. Therefore, we must consider these aspects.
A strong cough maintained over several days can cause small cracks or even a fracture. Many people do not relate that pain with the “broken rib” and is surprised by the intense pain of that particular area.
Only when they go to the doctor and made an X-ray palpation and reality is evident.To take more account is worth knowing the most common symptoms:
- Observe a bulge in the belly or waist.
- A strong chest tightness, which becomes more intense when we breathe.
- Severe pain when we play that particular area.
- It is also common that we lack the breath when we try to breathe more deeply.
To conclude, as you can see, the symptoms associated with sore ribs is varied, hence, we should see a doctor for any discomfort.
It is most appropriate to treat this condition is usually always to rest and take anti-inflammatories.