Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the set of a series of habits that include balance in food, physical activity, proper rest, etc. All with the objective of promoting health and avoiding possible diseases.
The correct and continuous practice of a healthy lifestyle benefits health promotes well-being and increases life expectancy. It is a fashion that came to stay. For those who want to get on this healthy wave, here are some options:
Maintain a balanced diet
A fundamental pillar of health is food. As for healthy food there are a lot of theories that circulate constantly in magazines and publications on the internet. Beyond the diets that become fashionable months before the summer, experts agree that a plate of balanced food should be divided as follows: half must include vegetables, ¼ of protein-rich food, and ¼ of cereals, legumes and starches.
Carrying out fad or passenger diets, if they are not being controlled by a professional, can be dangerous since they usually exclude any food group. Each body is different and the nutritional needs must be covered for each particular case.
The nutritionist Marilee Torras recommends “a varied diet that includes all groups of macro and micro nutrients, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.” To complete the diet you have to consume three servings of fruits and two of vegetables a day (preferably raw), and at least two liters of water. The latter are regulatory foods that help strengthen health, prevent disease and absorb nutrients.
Practice physical activities
Exercise has very positive effects on the lives of people and also helps in the prevention of diseases. The search for the type of physical activity will depend on each person, always taking into account health.
If you do not do sports activities or do not resort to any gym there are other small steps that can help. You can walk to a partner’s desk instead of sending emails, choose the staircase instead of the elevator, take the dog for a walk or ride a bike with the children.
Staying in motion is the watchword. To equip itself with the necessary sportswear, BBVA Paraguay offers benefits to its customers in all the sports shops of the Shopping del Sol and between September 6 and 9 it finances purchases in up to six interest-free installments with BBVA credit cards.
BBVA Paraguay finances the purchase of sportswear and grants the benefit of six installments without interest when using the bank’s credit cards.
Training with virtual reality
For those who have little time, there are technological devices that can help with the goal of staying in motion.
Virtual reality (VR) lenses allow the user to immerse them in a new reality. They connect through a program that is downloaded from the phone and from where they can do a routine of transported exercises to another dimension. You only need the glasses and the computer device that will generate the virtual environment as a computer, console or cell phone.
Virtual reality can be a less boring option to exercise and is aimed at people looking for a different alternative to be in shape. This initiative is not yet positioned as an option in Paraguay, however, it is used in the United States where NFL football teams, through this innovative and immersive technology, replicate complex match situations and train the reflexes or the reaction to them. .
Maintain adequate rest
A healthy lifestyle includes a proper rest. It is key to replenish the energies that are needed to face the day to day. It is recommended to answer these questions to know if you have rested enough: how is your mood? Do you usually sleep 7 to 8 hours per day? Do you have symptoms of anxiety or depression?
Enjoy free time
Leisure and recreation are as valuable to the health of people as healthy eating habits and physical activity. In the ancient civilizations, as in those of Greece and ancient Rome, they considered it as a human embodiment, since time was destined to activities that enriched the spirit and the intellect.
Today it is related to activities such as watching television, listening to the radio, reading a book, doing outdoor activities, cultural activities and digital leisure, which includes those that revolve around computers and the Internet.
The best way to take advantage of free time is to recognize those activities that benefit physical and mental health. The degree of use will depend on each person, their aspirations and their awareness of the benefits that may bring.
Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco
It is nothing new that the consumption of tobacco or alcohol leads to physical and mental deterioration. According to a study by the World Health Organization, the consumption of alcoholic beverages ranks third among the main risk factors of ill health in the world. In the same way, the harmful effects and consequences that tobacco has on the health are known, since it affects several organs of the body and in addition, the smoke can also harm other people.
Take measures to improve mental health
Having good habits also allows you to be healthy mentally and emotionally. People who have good habits usually deal with their personal and professional development, working every day so that their life is the closest thing to what they crave.
Tips to lead a healthy life
Many times when we hear the word “healthy” we associate it directly with “diet”, which immediately produces a feeling of suffering because for many “diet” is synonymous with “going hungry”, and who does not love to eat and enjoy the food? However, eating healthy does not have to be a martyrdom, much less have a life time, it must be a process that you adopt and can carry for life.
For this reason I will give you 5 basic tips so that you can start and little by little you can adopt habits that lead you to a healthy lifestyle:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of 8 oz. Water or 2 liters of water daily. The first is to start by increasing our water consumption, this is the essential liquid for life, it transports all the nutrients in the body We consume through food. One recommendation is to take a 1 liter bottle of water with you and be conscious of consuming 2 of those per day.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your day: The recommendation of the WHO (World Health Organization) is to include two servings of fruit per day and three servings of vegetables. Add fruit to your breakfast or snack and
- Vegetables to accompany your lunches and dinners, either in salads or other preparations, even add it to sandwiches, wraps, egg cakes, soups, etc.
- Establish schedules and include snack s: Try to make between 5-6 meals a day at the same time, so you control the anxiety and do not arrive at dinner with the desire to devour the fridge. Example: breakfast (7:00 am), snack (10:00 am), lunch (1:00 pm), snack (4:00 pm), dinner (7:00 pm).
- Avoid fried foods and opt for other methods of cooking: Avoid fat and start by changing the way you cook your food or preparations, choose: roasted, steamed, baked, parboiled, and grilled.
- Be more active: WHO recommends that adults between 18 and 64 years of age perform at least 150 minutes a week of moderate physical activity, which is equivalent to 5 days a week for 30 minutes; however you can start at least 3 days a week and opt for recreational activities such as dancing, hiking with your pet or simply use stairs instead of elevators or park the car away from the destination to walk a greater distance.