Then we will see what orthomolecular nutrition, its properties or benefits and how it can help us to improve our quality of life.
What is Orthomolecular Nutrition?
Nutritional therapy or orthomolecular nutrition is an alternative treatment that studies nutrient deficiencies that have the individual and determines favorable conditions for the optimum amounts in order to keep him from diseases and annoying symptom thus achieving optimal quality of life.
Ultimately it is to balance the biochemistry of the human body by a single administration of nutrition and specific natural nutrients.
What if we are low in some nutrient?
There nutritional deficiencies do not produce disease but progressively diminish the quality of life, for example, a lack or deficiency in vitamin C we will not produce today disease scurvy but we can notice fatigue often infections, allergies, delayed wound healing, bleeding gums or tooth decay.
The amount of vitamin C needed to prevent these symptoms depends on many factors and varies, for a person 200 mg may be sufficient while another will need up to 4,000 mg.
Benefits of orthomolecular nutrition
- Achieve optimal quality of life.
- Once the person gets the balance, the same body begins its own system of self-healing and detoxification.
- Improving the health of the individual.
Diseases that have a more successful treatment
- Chronic candidiasis.
- Irritable colon.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Chronic constipation.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Menstrual problems.
- Anxiety and depression.
It is always advisable to take the advice of a dietician and nutrition or nutrition orthomolecular since taking excess vitamin or mineral can bring serious consequences.
Today we tend to automedic as a friend advises us, or what we read in some magazines, look on the Internet, etc., not knowing if we really need it or not and we need that supplement dose just bought.
You may also like to read another article on Samathi4Life: Information and advice on nutrition and exercise for lose weight
Some of the adverse effects of megadoses of vitamins and minerals are:
- Vitamin C: Gastrointestinal symptoms, kidney stones, excess iron absorption.
- Vitamin D: Excessive elevation of blood calcium levels.
- Vitamin E: Bleeding.
- Niacin: Redness of the skin and gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Vitamin B6: Nervous system toxicity.
- Hill: Sweating and body odor, salivation, hypotension, liver toxicity.
- Calcium Kidney stones, kidney failure.
- Copper: Gastrointestinal symptoms, liver damage.
- Fluorine: Accumulation of fluoride in teeth and bones.
- Iodine increased blood concentrations of the stimulating hormone of the thyroid gland (TSH)
- Iron: Gastrointestinal symptoms and oxidation.
- Magnesium: Diarrhea.
- Manganese: Nervous system toxicity.
- Molybdenum: Negative effects on reproductive capacity.
- Nickel: Effects on body weight control.
- Phosphorus: Metastatic calcification (a subtype of pathological calcification), bone porosity, interference with calcium absorption.
- Selenium: Fragility and loss of hair and nails.
We recommend that anyone who believes that nutrition may need some help, contact a professional and not self-diagnose itself, and that it can bring clear and serious consequences as we have explained. Trust professionals, we can help! For more visit http://wordgrill.com/.